Train Tragedy: Swayamsevaks at rescue operations at Chitheri
A sleepy village (Chitheri) in Tamilnadu-Vellore District which is 90 kms off Chennai went on deaf when two trains, the Chennai Beach-Vellore Cantonment Mainline Electrical Multiple Unit (MEMU) train crashed into the stationary Arakonam-Katpadi passenger from behind while it was waiting at the signal. The impact of the collision is so powerful that three coaches of the stationary train and two of MEMU train were thrown off the track. Around 10 persons were killed and 100 injured badly.
Despite heavy rains and pitched darkness, nine Swayamsevaks of Arakonam, along with the National Disaster Response Force personnel, Naval personnel from INS Rajali, Special Commando Force plunged into rescue and relief operations immediately.
Latest Articles from Seva
- When in crisis, Nation turns to Swayamsevaks ; Another example from Chennai
- Nepal Earthquake: Relief Report & Rehab Plans by Sewa International
- Vrindavanam Balasadanam – Kanghanghad
- RSS/HSS refugee work in Nepal
- Sewa International appeal for Nepal Earthquake
- Manava Seva Madhava Seva – Sevabharathi Bala/Balika Sadan Directory , Kerala
- Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- Seva Bharati Sucess Story: Missing Man in Bahrain Reunited with Family in India
- Mata Amritanandamayi Madhom Caters to Relief Work in JK; to Construct Homes in Flood Ravaged Areas
- Amritavarsham 61 – Math announces Rs 25 Crore relief package for Jammu Kashmir flood relief