Swami Udith Chaithanya’s Bhagavatham Village to spread message of Gita
KOCHI: Gandhiji once said what made him a Mahatma was the Bhagavad Gita. So, to spread the message of the Gita, the Bhagavatham Village Trust, a charitable institution, is launching ‘Harinamakili,’ a music album featuring K J Yesudas, P Jayachandran, Biju Narayanan, Sujatha, Manjari and many others.
The album will be released on September 26 at the Guruvayur Melpathur auditorium by music director M Jayachandran. The lyrics have been penned by Appan Thachethu, R K Damodaran and Kaithapram Damodaran Namboothiri.
Detailing the various projects undertaken by the organisation, its head Swami Udith Chaithanya said the first phase of the work of the Bhagavatham Village in Munipara, Chalakudy, would be completed by April, 2011 and the entire village would be set up by 2013. Swami Udith Chaithanya envisages an ideal township which facilitates a healthy environment for spiritual growth. Also, in association with the Hindus from the state who are settled in North America, the Bhagavatham Village Trust is planning to mark Gandhi Jayanthi as Gita Samarpan Day, Udith Chaithanya said.
“The US is a developed country, but it is not strong when it comes to culture. To overcome this, they are looking towards the East, especially India” he said.
He said that initially the Gita Samarpan Day would be celebrated in the US, and Hollywood actor Julia Roberts is expected to take part in the function.
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015