Splendid Roza meals for deadly terrorist Abu Jundal at 5am!
Taking a cue from Ajmal Qasab, 26/11 handler Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal has been making prison guards run around to meet his demands for festive delicacies.
Bheja fry, kheema, chicken rolls, kebabs – and go easy on the spices please. Taking a cue from Ajmal Qasab, 26/11 terrorist handler Syed Zabiuddin Ansari alias Abu Jundal has been demanding for a veritable banquet for sehri, his first meal of the day at 5 am as he observes Roza. Cops deputed for Jundal’s security have been reduced to delivery boys, afraid of hurting religious sentiments.
In August 2009, Qasab refused the food he was given, demanding mutton biryani instead. However, he was reprimanded by the judge M L Tahaliyani after jail authorities complained against him.
Now Jundal, who is lodged in custody of the ATS at Kalachowkie, has been making similar demands with the policemen posted for his security.
Sources in the ATS alleged that Jundal has been regularly demanding delicacies like Bheja fry and malai at odd hours of day.
Fearing that he would make false allegations against them at court, cops have been forced to toe his line. “He (Jundal) asks for dry khajoor (dates), milk, malai, kheema and bheja fry. It is tough to arrange for these items in the early hours of the day. But we do not want to hurt anyone’s religious sentiments, even if the person is a terrorist. Everyday, a constable ventures out at around 5 am to fetch his meal, so that he can observe Roza,” said an officer from the Mumbai ATS, on condition of anonymity.
According to ATS officials, the constable sometimes has to go all the way to Bhendi Bazar or Mohammed Ali Road where food stalls remain open till wee hours. “At times we request the Muslim organisations around our office, or individuals who observe Roza, to help us with the arrangements. We also have to ensure that the food is not too spicy,” said the officer in a mocking tone.
Jundal, a native of Beed district in Maharashtra, was deported in June this year after being detained in Saudi Arabia. Jundal has disclosed the role of Pakistan’s investigating agency ISI and his officers. None of his family members have come to meet him in jail since his arrest.
Abu Jundal’s Roza menu
Cold milk @ Rs 40 per litre
Dry dates @ Rs 40-600 per kg
Malai @ Rs 120 per kg
Bheja @ Rs 130-160 per plate
Chicken roll @ Rs 35 per piece
Kebabs @ Rs 15 per plate
Other items served up by cops to the terrorist handler include samosas, malpua and firni
Prison fare for all seasons
>> At 7 am for breakfast: Upma, Poha, 100 ml of milk and a cup of tea
>> At 10 am for lunch: Daal, chapati, rice and vegetables
>> 3.30 pm for supper: Daal, chapati, rice and vegetables
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015