Sasikala Teacher’s Speech – To awake Hindu from his deep Slumber
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Kerala Catholic nun found dead in a well at her convent
- Nationalists to remember three brave sons of Kerala today
- Swargeeya Jayakrishnan Master Lives in the Hearts of Thousands He Left Behind
- Victim of Madrassa Abuse, says Movie Director Ali Akbar
- Pastor Simon, wanted for Kidnapping and Raping a Housewife, Arrested
- Kerala Chief Secretary Breeched Official Rules & Regulations – Kummanam
- Will Oommen Chandy Suspend Evangelist Chief Secretary?
- Another Paedophile Madrassa Ustad cum Journalist under arrest
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
Did You Know?
Balagokulam, the children's movement, was founded during the middle of 1970 in Kerala. Sri . M.A. Krishnan, the then Editor of 'KESARI' weekly took the initiative to organise this movement to counter the cultural deterioration caused by the drawbacks of our education system.
Those were the days when Rashtreeya Swayamsevak Sangh was spreading throughout the length and breadth of Kerala chanting the mantra of Hindu awakening. The workers took Balagokulam as the powerful medium for spreading the message of this awakening. The encouragement given by Sri Yadav Rao Joshi, the then Dakshin Kshetriya Pracharak (Organiser for South India) of RSS and Sri Bhaskar Rao, the then Pranth Pracharak (State Organizer, Kerala) was invaluable. Many factors came in as helping hands to Balagokulam, viz., classes run by Sri Kunjunni Master, the scholar and the 'Children's poet', the prayer penned by Sri. N.N. Kakkad, the AIR staff and the renowned poet, co-operation of large number of writers and cultural leaders. And Balagokulam came out as a big children's movement.
Balagokulam was registered in 1981 as a Nationwide cultural movement and the organizational activities commenced to move in that direction.