Plan to Thwart Onam Celebrations in Schools.
The Bharatiya Janata Party has alleged that there is a conspiracy going in the government levelon to thwart Onam celebrations in school. The BJP State General Secretary K Surendran has stated that an examination has been scheduled on 24 September, the date which was previously set aside for Onam celebrations. He has alleged that this is a conspiracy by the Muslim League, which now handles the education department.
“Kerala, each year, until now, has been unfailingly having Onam celebrations. However, there is all possibility of the Muslim League and its communal agenda in creating plans to thwart these celebrations,” he added.
“Earlier it was scheduled to conduct the exam from 14 – 23 September, with Onam celebrations to be held on 24. However, the examination to be held on 17 will now be held on 24, there by doing away with the festivity. However, the reason being cited is that 17 happens to be the last Friday in the fasting season of Ramzan. But this has not been confirmed,” said Surendran, who has reiterated that the Chief Minister must clarify as to why 17 has been declared a holiday.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Will Oommen Chandy Suspend Evangelist Chief Secretary?
- Another Paedophile Madrassa Ustad cum Journalist under arrest
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest