District Collector inaugurates Seva Bharathi’s Orphanage in Tamilnadu
District Collector T.Munusamy inaugurated Guruji Anbu Illam of Seva Bharathi for orphaned children on 15-9-2011 at Nagapatinam.
Nagapattinam, was the worst affected area when Tsunami hit the coastal areas of Tamilnadu on Dec., 2004. Sevabharathi Tamilnadu which took up the rehabilitation work for the affected persons has built 863 houses (588 in Keechankuppam village, 125 in Panagakudi village, 62 in Mutlam village and 88 in Melamuvakkarai village) with the assistance funded by Gujarat, Chattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh Governments. It also undertook the rehabilitation work of temples at Mariamman koil gopuram, (Akkarapettai village), Agni Kaliamman Temple, (puttur), Ratna Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple, (Poompuhar), Petraha Temple at Kizhaaagaligur, Korakka Siddhar Aalayam Dhyana Mandapam etc.
Sri T Munusamy, District Collector appreciated the good deeds and service rendered by Sevabharathi. . Gujarat Government has funded to the tune of 1.10 crore. The home would provide shelter for children orphaned by the tsunami and also the orphaned children found in villages of the district. Guruji Anbu Illam now has 28 orphaned female children.
Latest Articles from Seva
- When in crisis, Nation turns to Swayamsevaks ; Another example from Chennai
- Nepal Earthquake: Relief Report & Rehab Plans by Sewa International
- Vrindavanam Balasadanam – Kanghanghad
- RSS/HSS refugee work in Nepal
- Sewa International appeal for Nepal Earthquake
- Manava Seva Madhava Seva – Sevabharathi Bala/Balika Sadan Directory , Kerala
- Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- Seva Bharati Sucess Story: Missing Man in Bahrain Reunited with Family in India
- Mata Amritanandamayi Madhom Caters to Relief Work in JK; to Construct Homes in Flood Ravaged Areas
- Amritavarsham 61 – Math announces Rs 25 Crore relief package for Jammu Kashmir flood relief