CPM attack on Art of Living Study Camp
Koilandi: In a recent shocker,DYFI goons unleashed unbridled terror on the Art of Living camp organized at Moodadi Gokhale UP School, Koilandi. The Youth Leadership Training Programme, aimed mainly at empowering youth, witnessed mayhem in the early hours of 1 January 2017. Many, including a Dalit girl were humiliated and injured. In spite of nine persons being critically injured, police are alleged to have made all efforts to stifle the matter.
According to sources, the mobile phones and gold ornaments of those who participated were stolen. Equipment, including loud speakers were fully destroyed. “In spite of the camp being wrecked and people being injured, police remain callous to the entire incident. In fact they have claimed that a complaint has not been registered. In fact eminent persons related to government machinery, including the MLA have sought settlement of the matter, with an offer of compensation,” said sources under condition of anonymity.
The camp which began on 24 December 2016 was attended by people from all over the country. As many as nine people were injured in the attack that was unleashed. They have been admitted to the government hospital. Six out of the nine people have been grievously injured. The camp was to conclude on 1 January 2017, when the attack was launched in the early morning hours during a meditation session, by DYFI goons.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Attempt to Murder BJP Leader, 3 Popular Front Terrorists under Arrest
- Muslim League Caught Red Handed with Black Money
- കണ്ണീർക്കനലുകൾ – കവിത
- CPI(M) Marauders on Prowl, You are Not Safe Even in Your House
- Paedophile Madrassa Instructor under Remand
- Attempt to Protect Paedophile CPI(M) Leader
- Irom Sharmila, welcome to Kerala!
- #CPMTerror – BJP Leader Sushil Kumar’s Condition Critical
- ABVP Leader Vishal’s Murder – After 5 years, Chargesheet Against 20 Jihadis Submitted
- Mughal Invasion of Travancore : A forgotten chapter in the history of Kerala