Be part of this endeavor on this years Swami Vivekananda jayanthi
Dr. Narayanan and his team at Wayanad is running a tribal hospital.named Swami Vivekananda Medical Mission. SVMM has been there for quite sometime and this became the connecting link between the tribes and the HinduDharma. Most of the tribes were otherwise getting converted, as they were offered money and other benefits by others.
Dr. Narayanan and his wife got their MD from Medical College, Trivandrum and worked as full timers for the Attappadi Hospital. At present Dr. Narayanan is still continuing his work at Attappadi while his wife is practicing as a doctor.
At present they have an expansion plan. Details are provided in the following documents. Please go through them.
HK would like to request all our readers to do two things when nation will observe Vivekananda Jayanthi as National Youth Day tommorow, the first one being
primary and important.
1. Please spread the work of the Vivekananda Medical Mission hospital at Wayanad
and bring contributions from as much people as possible.
2. Provide whatever support that we can give to the expansion plan.
Latest Articles from Seva
- When in crisis, Nation turns to Swayamsevaks ; Another example from Chennai
- Nepal Earthquake: Relief Report & Rehab Plans by Sewa International
- Vrindavanam Balasadanam – Kanghanghad
- RSS/HSS refugee work in Nepal
- Sewa International appeal for Nepal Earthquake
- Manava Seva Madhava Seva – Sevabharathi Bala/Balika Sadan Directory , Kerala
- Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- Seva Bharati Sucess Story: Missing Man in Bahrain Reunited with Family in India
- Mata Amritanandamayi Madhom Caters to Relief Work in JK; to Construct Homes in Flood Ravaged Areas
- Amritavarsham 61 – Math announces Rs 25 Crore relief package for Jammu Kashmir flood relief
Did You Know?
India's agricultural production was historically large and sustained a huge population compared to other parts of the world. Surpluses were stored for use in a drought year. But the British turned this industry into a cash cow, exporting massive amounts of harvests even during shortages, so as to maximize the cash expropriation. This caused tens of millions to die of starvation while at the same time India's food production was exported at unprecedented rates to generate cash.
In Music, India gave to the world her system of notation, with the seven cardinal notes and the diatonic scale, all of which we enjoyed as early as 350 BC., while it came to Europe only in the eleventh century.