Attempt to Attack Amrithanandamayi foiled
Man barges on stage during darshan
(2 Aug ’12)
Amma’s darshan today (August 1st, 2012), at Amritapuri, began at 11 a.m. At about 12 noon, while Amma was giving darshan, a bearded man who looked to be about 30 years old, ran swiftly through the bhajan hall and up the ramp towards the stage, shouting “Bismillah Irahman Iraheem”. As he dashed up the stage wearing only under garments, he knocked down many devotees, and headed straight towards Amma. He was blocked from reaching Amma and after much effort, the police officers on duty at that time and devotees were able to apprehended him, and he was taken to the local police station. A policeman was injured in the scuffle. Even when he was being put into the police van the man was shouting “Bismillah Irahman Iraheem”.
“Amma is fearless. She has dedicated her life to the service of humanity. The Ashram can’t believe that someone would make such an attempt against Amma as She has always stood for the upliftment of the entire humanity. Anyway the incident can’t be treated lightly and the ashram expects a thorough enquiry into the incident,“ said Swami Amritaswarupananda Puri, Vice Chairman of Mata Amritanandamayi Math to the Government officials.
Later the police revealed that during questioning, the man said that he was a law student from Bihar and gave his name as Sadmal Singh Mann. The ashram confirms that the man is not a devotee and was never seen in the ashram before. The ashram officials want to reassure all of Amma’s devotees not to be worried on the matter, as Amma continued to give darshan as usual, absolutely unaffected by the incident.
The video below, captured by the security cameras catches the incident (at 0.02 and 0.12), and the man being taken away by the police to the jeep while shouting and uttering obscenities.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace