Anantnag to rename as Islamabad – What our Media failed to Highlight
Muslims in Kashmir are trying to remove all Hindu religious symbols and
rename ancient places. Also hundreds of temples have been either
encroached or destroyed.
We are deeply anguished to learn that a bill has been introduced in the
J&K assembly by the PDP, MLA Peerzada Manzoor Hussain proposing to
change the name of historic Anantnag town to Islamabad.
The mentality and intent behind the introduction of this bill is
clearly to Islamize the entire nomenclature of the valley which has
been a cradle of Hindu civilization for the last 5000 years.
This is part of the same process by which the names of 700 villages in
the valley have been changed. Even the names of the landmarks like the
Shankaracharya Hill has been changed to Takht-i-Sulaiman and the name
of historic Hari Parbat has been changed to Koh-i-Maran.
The officialdom seems to be colluding with these forces as we see the
same in the proposed name of the Srinagar airport as Shaikh-ul-Alam
airport. In the country we see a process of going back to the original
and historical names but here we see a process of destroying history
and historical names. Given a choice these forces would change the
names of their ancestors even.
PDP has all along followed an agenda of Islamic imperialism. It may be
recalled that it was the same party whose patron was responsible for
engineering the Anantnag riots against Kashmiri Pandits in 1986.
Even the late Chief Minister G.M.Shah in an interview had indicted
Mufti Sayed for fermenting Anantnag riots against Kashmiri Pandits to
destabilize his government than.
The process of genocide and exodus started with the Anantnag riots of
1986 and culminated in the complete exodus of Kashmiri Hindus in 1990.
This mindset is visible in the statement of Mehbooba Mufti who recently
said that the land from Panchtarni to amaranth belongs to Maliks, as if
Amarnath was their personal fiefdom.
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015