Waves created by Rajettan started to create Ripples in Neyattinkara
Neyattinkara: Though O Rajagopal couldn’t create history in Neyyatinkara, The ripples created by the wave then now started to change the political equations in the constituency.
In the by-elections held in Charuvilakam ward of Kollayil Panchayat, the Bharatiya Janata Party scored a decisive victory. BJP’s Sasikala won over her counterpart, CPM’s Sajila. The Congress party stood third in the by-elections.The voting status is as follows: BJP-483, CPM- 364, UDF- 106. Sasikala is the wife of the deceased BJP worker Parameswaran Nair. BJP has been victorious in the Charuvilakam ward even before. The candidate who won laurels earlier was Karthikeyan, BJP District Secretary.
The by-elections were held following the resignation of CPM’s Bindu Balasreekandhan. A Panchayat Vice-President, Bindu tendered her resignation in support of Selvaraj. However, She did not contest for the by-elections that took place. The candidate who contested was Lilly, who had the blessings of both Selvaraj and the Congress. The ward that is closest to Selvaraj’s residence is Charamoodil. Even though Communist turncoat Selvaraj personally campaigned there, he could not win the election.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace
- A New Chapter in Kerala History: BJP Members Assume Charge in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation
- Another Scam in Guruvayur Devaswom – To procure Saffron Flower from Kashmir ignoring Central Govt. NAFED