VHP to launch ‘Hindu Helpline’
A ‘Hindu Helpline’ offering assistance to Hindus in distress will be launched by the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) from April 4, the first day of the Hindu calendar year.
VHP general secretary Pravin Togadia made the announcement during a two-day all-India meet of the Bajrang Dal in Gwalior. The meeting, attended by more than 125 senior office-bearers of the VHP, ended on Sunday.
Once a call is made to this Pune-based helpline number, volunteers in places concerned will be alerted. From protecting cows to helping Hindus, the helpline promises to reach help in as early as 10 minutes.
The firebrand leader also said that the organization was thinking of starting a Hindu Advocate Forum to provide legal help to those who fight for the majority community’s issues. “Don’t bother about FIRs or going to jail,” he told the gathering. “When those working for Hindu cause are released from jail, welcome them with garlands.”
The VHP had launched a helpline last year in Kerala to help victims of what it called “Love Jehad”. The proposed helpline will operate on a much bigger scale.
The meet called upon volunteers to expand the organisation’s reach by enrolling as members the computer-literate as also those working in agricultural fields.
The volunteers were told to keep a watch on cow slaughter by focusing on national and state highways, and increase contacts to stop transport of cows meant for slaughter.
Among the year-long programmes announced on the occasion by Togadia was Hindu Swarozgar Abhiyan (Hindu Employment Campaign) under which the volunteers will teach at least one employment generating activity to Hindus — to counter the Muslims “whose population is growing very fast and who are cornering employment opportunities”.
The volunteers were also called to visit colleges and create awareness against Jehad.
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015