Temple Robberies and Subsequent Murders: A Growing Trend in Kerala
Kerala may be God’s Own Country, but unfortunately some of the divinities are definitely not safe in the state. Bringing to light two such incidents, which are unfortunately, a faction of what actually takes place or stands reported.
A recent happening has been the gruesome murder of the caretaker of Kalluppaara Bhagavthy Temple, Gopalakrishna Kaimal. He was found murdered in a pond in the temple premises. The miscreants, after the deed, escaped with Gold dome . The horrendous deed was committed after tying up another person Chandrashekharan, who was along with Kaimal. The episode is supposed to have taken place in the wee hours of the morning.
Chandrashekharan was discovered in a gagged state, with cloth stuffed into his mouth. Police personnel from Keezhvaaypur and forensic experts made a detail study of the crime scene. The golden dome which was stolen was made of an amalgam, which includes iridium.
The next reported incident of temple robbery is from Sreekrishna Swamy Temple of Mavelikkara. This time, ornaments of the deity, worth lakhs were stolen. The Sreekovil, along with the north end gate was discovered in an wide open state.
The deity was decked with a gold crown of 5 sovereigns and waist chain of 3 sovereigns, which the thugs made their escape with. Needless to say, by divine grace or by miracle, the gold flute and other offerings made of gold, which was concealed in a cover, remained unspotted by the miscreants. It has always been a practice to lock the Sreekovil with the traditional intricate lock, which however was not done on that fateful day. The watchmen, who were supposed to be on duty were conspicuously missing from their duty spot.
Investigations are on to confirm if both cases of temple robbery are linked in any way.
A protest meet and hartal was called for by Hindu Aikya Vedi in Mavelikkara town on Wednesday.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace
- A New Chapter in Kerala History: BJP Members Assume Charge in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation
- Another Scam in Guruvayur Devaswom – To procure Saffron Flower from Kashmir ignoring Central Govt. NAFED
- After Exodus from CPM; Now it’s turn of Congress leaders & Activists to join BJP in Kerala