Tamilnadu Hindus thwart attempt to denigrate revered Hindu Saints
An attempt to defame one of the most revered Vaishnava saints Thayar Sri Andal, Sri Periyalwar and the Saintly King and disciple of Sri Periyalwar Sri Vallabha Deva Pandya by Tirunelveli based Manonmaniam Sundaranar University’s Tamil Department has been thwarted by timely intervention of devout Hindus and Hindu organisations.
After intense opposition from devoted Hindus and asthikas ,to the concerned authorities the university has declared that its has withdrawn the defamatory lesson from the text book.The defamation attempt was exposed by Tamil Newspaper Dinakaran and Akhil Bharathiya Vidyarthi Parishad by bringing this matter to the public.
The controversial Novel was withdrawn following intense opposition from various quarters andr the problem was escalated,to the top most levels in the administration and the level of CM. Within 24 hour the university, issued a retraction and made an announcement in the front page of ‘The Hindu’ on 28th June- the official denial was published by the University.
The content of the topic a imaginary novel written by a christian Mr. Daniel Selvaraj a card carrying communist. He is also member of the Sahitya academy. The text book commitee memebers recommended this pornographic imaginary novel which defames the characters of the holiest of the holy saints for the consumption of by 65000 students an academic year enraged Hindus across the state.
Andal, a foster child of Vishnuchitta or Periyalwar is one of the twelve Alwars of Vaishavite tradition. Andal also known as Godhai, eventually came to be known as the consort of Vishnu. She is regarded as Goddess. Her poetic talents were extraordinary and she composed ‘Thiruppavai’ consisting of 30 hymns and Nachiar Thirumozhi in 143 stanzas. The month of ‘Margasiram’ known as ‘Margazhi’ in Tamil is the month of religious austerities and devotional singing. People of Tamilnadu rise up at dawn; go round the streets singing the bhajans of ‘Thiruppavai’ sung by Andal.
According to this novel Thayar Sri Andal was born to Sri Periyalwar through extra marital Affairs. It has also mentioned that, our Thayar was a less charactered Temple Dancer. It seems Sri Vallabha Deva Pandya the saintly king had affairs with Thayar Sri Andal. Also, they have mentioned that, the Srivilliputtur Temple tower looks like a women Breast! The Saintly King was a Sexual Abuser and had lot of illegal affairs.
Take home messages from this
1)Hindus in Tamilnadu are becoming more vigilant and the resugence points to the fact that no more Hindus will take such abuses as third class citizens in the state.
2)If Hindus come forward to protest and air their concerns, yes Governmental machinery will be forced to act.
3) Anti Hindu sentiments are still alive and robust within Christians and Communists , no matter whether they are in Kerala or West Bengal or Tamilnadu.
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015