RSS Celebrates Independence Day; Sarasanghachalak Mohan Bhagwat hoists National Flag at Bangalore.
Bangalore August 15, 2012: RSS Sarasanghachalak Mohan Bhagwat hoisted national flag at Rashtrotthana Parishat, Bangalore this morning.
Mohan Bhagwat hoisted National Flag at 9.00am, offered Dhwaj Vandan (Flag Salute) along with senior RSS functionaries of Karnataka. The programme was held at Rashtrotthana Parishat, a RSS organisation at Chamarajpet, Bangalore.
Speaking on the occasion Mohan Bhagwat said, “Each organism in this world needs one or other type of freedom. Independence day is an occasion of Happiness and celebration for every one globally. Along with the celebration of Independence this day, we try to recall and realise our social responsibility”
“Achieving freedom is not an accidental phenomenon, but it was a continuous process (prakriya). Multiform attempts should go further, for a long time to preserve the values of achieved freedom. We fought successfully to achieve freedom, aiming to regain our sovereignty, integrity and security. Even after 65years one need to introspect that whether we have achieved complete freedom in all sectors ” said Bhagwat.
“In 1947 the foreign rule came to an end in India. However the shadows of them still persists. We have a specific identity in the world because of the diverse and endemic tradition, culture, flora-fauna and the people (Jan, Jangal, Janwar and Jameen) who live of this land. Though have political freedom, several social sectors still needs reforms, progress and upliftment. Each citizen should think of contributing his best to the society. To recall this social responsibility, we citizens celebrate Independence day each year” Bhagwat added.
Mohan Bhagwat also remembered Swami Vivekananda during his speech, said “Swami Vivekananda neither has political power nor had economic richness. But because of his contribution to the society, we still remember him. Thousands of freedom fighters were inspired by the life and thoughts of Swami Vivekananda. In achieving the freedom, Vivekananda has an inspiring role. Society still needs such great personalities who can inspire young generation, to achieve complete freedom in all sectors where we still lagging. ”
Veteran Sangh Ideologue, President of Rashtrotthana Parishat Dr SR Ramaswamy presided over the Independence day celebration.
Senior RSS Functionaries Mai Cha Jayadev, Mangesh Bhende, Kru Narahari, V Nagaraj, Da Ma Ravindra, Chandrashekar Bhandary, Mukunda were present during the Independence day program.
RSS Sarasanghachalak Mohan Bhagwat’s Independence Day Speech-2012 Video: http://samvada.org/2012/news-digest/video-rss-sarasanghachalak-mohan-bhagwats-independence-day-speech-2012/
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015