RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate
Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) Chief Mohan Bhagwat Wednesday backed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a candidate for the prime minister’s post and said that the country should have a PM who propounded Hindutva.
“To keep alive the Hindutva ideology, the Hindu ‘samaaj’ (society) should come together. And the country should have a prime minister who believes in that ideology or propounds that view,” Bhagwat told reporters here.
Bhagwat’s comments came a day after Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hit out at Narendra Modi without naming him and said that the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), led by the Bharatiya Janata Party, should announce a secular prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Nitish Kumar Tuesday made it clear that Modi is unacceptable as an NDA candidate for prime ministership.
“Will Nitish decide what sort of person makes a good PM?” Bhagwat questioned.
He also slammed Nitish Kumar and said that he is scared to call himself a Hindu.
The Nitish-Modi rivalry has been on a high for the past few days. Modi took a dig at politicians from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar for what the Gujarat chief minister called “resort to caste-based politics”.
Nitish Kumar then said that Modi, who has been a constant irritant in the JD(U)-BJP coalition ties in Bihar, should mind his own business instead of making comments on others.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace
- A New Chapter in Kerala History: BJP Members Assume Charge in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation
- Another Scam in Guruvayur Devaswom – To procure Saffron Flower from Kashmir ignoring Central Govt. NAFED
- After Exodus from CPM; Now it’s turn of Congress leaders & Activists to join BJP in Kerala