Protest mount against Govt. move to capture Hindu Vanitha Sangham land
Thiruvananthapuram: While Minority Ministers are busy writting off Government land to various Minority NGO’s , Government try to humiliate and target Hindus by issuing orders to capture land belonging to Hindu organisations and temples.
Protest mount from various Hindu organisations against Government move to capture 57 Cent land in Vazhuthakkad of Hindu Vanitha Sangham, an NGO ran by Hindu women.
The land was donated to Sangham in 1926 by then Travancore Maharaja for empowering Hindu women. The Hindu Vanitha Sangham started functioning under the guidance of Karthika Thirunaal Rani Lakshmi Bhai. Since then Vanitha sangham has done yeoman services in Travancore. Handloom clothes made from here were send far and wide during ione time , There were 30 Handloom units working there at a time. Later Vanitha Sangham started Oldage home, Women’s Hostel etc came up.
Hundreds of Hindu Women protested under Mannadi Ponnama , against Government move on Wednesday when authorities came to measure the land and cut the trees in the compound. Following severe protests officers returned back. Hindu Aikya Vedi, Kshetra Samrakshana Samithi , Siva Sena and NSS leaders were present and conveyed strong dissent against the move and warned of severe repercussions if Government went ahead with this move.
BJP leader O Rajagopal addressing the protestors
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace
- A New Chapter in Kerala History: BJP Members Assume Charge in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation
- Another Scam in Guruvayur Devaswom – To procure Saffron Flower from Kashmir ignoring Central Govt. NAFED
- After Exodus from CPM; Now it’s turn of Congress leaders & Activists to join BJP in Kerala