No Political Front, Nair-Ezhava unity in one month, says Vellappally Natesan
MUNNAR: The SNDP Yogam General Secretary Vellappally Natesan said on Sunday that the Yogam would reach a compromise with Nair Service Society (NSS), would co-operate with them and would materialize the Nair-Ezhava unity within one month. He said he would hold talks with NSS General Secretary G. Sukumaran Nair. He also said that the unity is not against Christians or Muslims.
The new found unity of the two influential units, which for long have been at divergent poles on caste-based reservation, is based on their contention that the genuine interests of the ‘majority community’ have been trampled on under the Congress-led UDF government in which Indian Union Muslim League and Christian-dominated Kerala Congress (M) are key partners and handle vital portfolios like Finance and Education.
The leadership meeting of SNDP at Munnar in Idukki in the last two days had authorised its general secretary Vellappally Natesan to take decision to cement the unity with NSS. The majority of union members demanded in the meeting that SNDP should form a political party. But the leadership concluded that the Yogam would not form party directly and that any member who is interested is free to form it.
SNDP is keen to expand the unity plank by enlisting the support of all non-political Hindu outfits representing communities from Dalits to Brahmins.
The director board of NSS, which met at its headquarters at Perunna in Kottayam on Saturday, reciprocated the SNDP move by entrusting its general secretary G Sukumaran Nair to go ahead with plans to create a joint platform of the two communities, who together constitute a majority of the Hindu fold.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Another Paedophile Madrassa Ustad cum Journalist under arrest
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested