Murder – CPM leader P Jayarajan arrested
KANNUR: The police Wednesday arrested CPM Kannur district secretary P Jayarajan in connection with the murder of Muslim Youth League activist Abdul Shukkoor. He has been booked for the conspiracy behind the murder of Shukkoor.
He was arrested when he appeared before the Kannur Town Police for a third round of interrogation Wednesday morning.
The car in which Jayarajan and T V Rajesh MLA were travelling was attacked on February 20, 2012. Shukkoor was hacked to death at Keezhara allegedly in retaliation for the attack on both the leaders at nearby Ariyil on the same day.
The case is that the team including P Jayarajan hatched the conspiracy to murder Shukkoor at the Kannur Cooperative Hospital.
Stones were pelted at the police in Kannur following the arrest of Jayarajan. A tense situation is prevailing in the district.
CPM activists pelted stones at SP Rahul R Nair’s vehicle while he was following the vehicle carrying Jayarajan to the court. The police had to use grenade to disperse the agitated activists.
The state has a chief minister dancing to the tunes of Muslim League, Jayarajan told reporters when he came to appear before the police for interrogation. The move to name CPM leaders as accused is taken as per the decision of the league, he said.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Kerala Catholic nun found dead in a well at her convent
- Nationalists to remember three brave sons of Kerala today
- Swargeeya Jayakrishnan Master Lives in the Hearts of Thousands He Left Behind
- Victim of Madrassa Abuse, says Movie Director Ali Akbar
- Pastor Simon, wanted for Kidnapping and Raping a Housewife, Arrested
- Kerala Chief Secretary Breeched Official Rules & Regulations – Kummanam
- Will Oommen Chandy Suspend Evangelist Chief Secretary?
- Another Paedophile Madrassa Ustad cum Journalist under arrest
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
Did You Know?
Judaism as a ancient religion resembles Hinduism in a number of respects.Ancient Judaism employed similar fire offerings as the Vedic religion.It emphasis on Torah or the law is similar to Hindu emphasis on Dharma. It has actively promoted mysticism in its Kabbalistic tradition, which contains an honouring of the godesses.Infact some jewish mystics teach karma and rebirth and promote yogic like teachings and practices, including non violence.