Modi Vs Manmohan – Difference is clear, the choice is yours!
Time dubs Manmohan ‘underachiever’
Three years after calling Manmohan Singh the man who changed millions of lives for better, the “Time” magazine, featuring him on its cover, termed him “the underachiever”.
The weekly, whose July issue hit the stands on Saturday, has also raised questions on Manmohan Singh’s ability to act in the face of slowing growth, widespread charges of policy inaction and the unpopularity of business reforms.
“India needs a robot. Is Prime Minister Manmohan Singh up to the job?,” asked the magazine, which flays Dr Singh for having “squandered” the last three years, his lack of confidence, inability to rein in his ministers and “unwilling” to carry out reforms that would continue the process of liberalisation he helped start in 1991.
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015
Did You Know?
Indira Gandhi said "Savarkar was a great figure of contemporary India and his name is by-word for daring and patriotism. He was cast in a mould of a classic revolutionary and countless people drew inspiration from him."
In 1970 she had released a postal stamp recognizing the sacrifice and valor of Veer Savarkar to the national struggle and she personally ordered a documentary to be made on his life. She also donated Rs 11,000 from her personal account to the Veer Savarkar Trus.