Jihadi Protests in UP turns violent;attacked people,vandalised Buddha statue, shops and vehicles.
Violence broke out in the Uttar Pradesh capital city on Friday as hundreds of irate Muslims, protesting violence against the community in Assam and Myanmar, took to the streets, attacked people, and vandalised shops and vehicles in their way. It all started after prayers on the last Friday of the month of Ramzan when a mob of over 2,000 people, owing allegiance to Jamaat-e-Ulem
Raising slogans against the killings of Muslims in Myanmar and Assam, the crowd turned violent even targeting the famous Buddha Park where they vandalised many statues and uprooted plants. The police posse present there remained silent spectators.
The crowd was finally physically stopped at the Vidhan Sabha when the protestors wanted to proceed towards the chief minister’s Kalidas Marg residence.
The mob then turned its ire on the mediapersons and cameramen present at the legislature, attacking the journalists, breaking their cameras and vandalising the OB van of a national television channel.
While the mob soon melted away, the mediapersons staged a sit-in demanding action and arrest of the people who attacked them. They said they would not move until the principal secretary for home came and met them and ordered arrest of the attackers.
Violent protests have been reported from Kanpur also where protestors pelted stones on passers-by at Rizvi Road and Cycle Market areas after the namaaz. Rapid Action Force (RAF) has been deployed to prevent further escalation of violence.
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015
- Death threat to BJP MP Pratap Simha for opposing Congress move to hail Tippu as state hero
- Paedophile Head of Anti Modi group in UK; To rot in prison