Indian Mujahideen threatens to attack Mukesh Ambani for supporting Narendra Modi.
While the police initially believed that the letter was anything but a prank, the contents of the letter have made them think otherwise. The Mumbai Crime Branch has swung into action to trace the man who delivered the threat letter to Ambani’s personal staff.
Police sources said if the letter is authentic, then it will be the first time that the terror group has sent a hand-delivered threat to anyone.
“So far, their modus operandi has been to hack into insecure Internet connections and use emails for sending out threat messages. It is a matter of concern if they would risk one of their men to be caught on CCTV of such a big organisationâ?¦,” a police officer said.
Meanwhile, Reliance vice-president S.P. Nanda, who advises the company on its security, met Mumbai police commissioner Satyapal Singh and sought police action to trace the culprit.
The PRO of the Mumbai police, DCP Ambadas Pote, refused to elaborate on the probe details. Pote said, “It is too early to say if the letter is genuine. The probe is on and till that time we cannot speculate about it.”
Although the letter does not f all in line with the IM’ s usual modusoperandi, the police said they are taking the matter seriously.
“The issues raised in the letter cannot be tak en as a prank. The letter raises three issues – one, about Ambani’ s relations with Modi; second, it talks about Ambani having hurt the sentiments of the minority community b y building his luxurious Antilla apartment on a Wakf property; and third, it demands the release of terror accused Danish. We need to figure out which Danish is the letter referring to,” said an officer of Maharashtra Police’ s Anti Terrorism Squad.
The police said the Danish, whose release is demanded in the letter, is Danish Riyaz alias Syed Afaque Iqbal, who was arrested for his role in the 2008 Ahmedabad blasts.
One other Danish Ansari was arrested by the NIA in January from Darbangha for allegedly helping Yasin Bhatkal escape.
Read More : http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/indian-mujahideen-narendra-modi-mukesh-ambani/1/251980.html
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015