This Gharwapasi may not be of Interest to Seculars
Chertallai: When the parish wrecked vengeance upon a family owing to a male member’s refusal to go to church or stick by its norms by not granting his deceased mother her funeral rights, it is Sanatana Dharma that came to rescue. The son Shiju, a native of Kalavamkode, Chertallai decided to cremate his mother Leelamma’s mortal remains, a retired Headmistress of Pattanakkadu Government Girls High School, in accordance with Hindu rites.
According to sources, Shiju though a believer was never a regular churchgoer. His presence was marked only on special festive occasions. This was noted by the parish, which they did not approve of. And so when Leelamma was no more, they retaliated by insisting that Leelamma’s body can be laid to rest only if Shiju submitted a written apology if he wanted his mother to be intered as per Christian rites. However Shiju refused to comply. He sought the aid of Hindu priests, performed the rituals according to Hindu Shastras and cremated her body.
Latest Articles from Divisive Agenda
- Irom Sharmila, welcome to Kerala!
- Kerala’s Marxian Politics of Violence : Some Unforgettable Facts
- Yet another Balidani Succumbs to Marxist Terror
- Why is it only happening in Kerala and for so long?
- Concerted Attempts to White Wash the Lies
- Globe with Mutilated India for Sale in Malappuram
- ‘Rescue my Daughter’ – A Mother’s Heartfelt Plea to Prime Minister
- Ban against Onam Celebrations in Christian College, Kattakada
- This Gharwapasi may not be of Interest to Seculars
- Bangladesh – Jihadi Attack on Temple Caretaker