Dr Swamy exposes land grab by Chidambaram’s son for luxury resort
Luxury resort by M/s Kaiser Surya Samudra Resorts Private Limited, controlled by Karti P Chidambaram – Dr. Swamy’s letter to Tamil Nadu CM
Ms. J Jayalalitha,
Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu,
Fort St. George,
Sub:- Illegalities and violations in granting clearance by Tamil Nadu State Coastal Zone Management Authority and other Departments in 2009-2010 by M Karunanidhi Government to construct luxury resort by M/s Kaiser Surya Samudra Resorts Private Limited, controlled by Karti P hidambaram.
Dear Ms. Jayalalitha:
During March first week this year, at a press conference in Chennai, I announced the names and details of several companies where Home Minister P
Chidambaram’s son Karti P Chidambaram is a Director. Within few days on March 9, 2011, Karti P Chidambaram resigned from the Directorship of one company called Ausbridge Holdings and Investments Pvt. Ltd., where he had more than 94% shares.
After I checked the accounts of this company, I found that this company has invested and have majority of shares in another company called Kaiser Surya Samudra Resorts Private Limited. The accounts of all these companies are totally
I found that during the same period, when Kalaignar TV was under interrogation by CBI for receiving kickbacks from 2G Spectrum Scam beneficiaries, Karti P Chidambaram controlled Kaiser Surya Samudra Resorts Private Limited in
December 2008 was purchasing 4.62 hectares at the beach front area at Mutukad village.
According to the 50th Meeting (March 6, 2009) Agenda Notes of Tamil Nadu State Coastal Zone Management Authority, Agenda No.8 deals with the
construction of 100 room luxury resorts by Kaiser Surya Samudra Resorts Pvt. Ltd.
The above mentioned Agenda notes say the 4.62 hectares comprises Survey No: 98/5B1, 98/5B2, 98/6A, 98/6B, 98/9A and 98/7 at Mutukadu village,
Chengalpattu Taluk in Kancheepuram District. Karunanidhi Government had given all clearances in lightning speed to this project at the sensitive coastal zone, violating all norms.
Several people and previous owners of these properties have complained to me that there is a heavy element of coercion in the acquisition of land, and they were in fact forced to sell their land to Karti P Chidambaram controlled luxurious resort project. People also said there were several instances of illegal land encroachment,
illegal constructions, misuse of ground water, creating acute danger to the environment also happened.
There is also a huge trail and flow of illegal fund in this project and the Registrar of Company in Chennai has no documents or details or fund flow of this huge project in their records.
I request you to institute an immediate probe on the illegalities and violation in granting clearance to this luxury resort project in the sensitive coastal belt and involvement of huge black money flow into this project headed by Karti P Chidambaram controlled company. I also seek justice on behalf of the previous land owners, who were forced to sell their property to this resort project.
( SUBRAMANIAN SWAMY )
Latest Articles from Bharath Focus
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome? PART – 2
- Intolerant Intellectuals belittling Bharath; Why this sudden outburst? Suffering from Secular Syndrome?
- HK Exclusive : Hindutva ensures harmony and pluralism in Bharat; J.NandaKumar
- Martyred Col. Mahadik cremated with full military honours
- Cancer, cardio drugs on discount, Govt launches first AMRIT store
- Karnataka HC strikes down discriminatory Hindu Endowments Act
- Hindu Hruday Samrat Sri Ashok Singhal passes away
- ‘Culture is the expression of soul of the nation’: RSS Sah-Sarakaryavah Dattatreya Hosabale
- VHP Stages massive protest in Bengaluru, across Karnataka condemning attack on VHP activists, opposes Tipu Jayanti
- Bengaluru to host 5-day mega conclave Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair-2015