CPM leader Kunjananthan Flees in Purdah
One among the main accused in TP Chadrashekharan murder case, PK Kunjananthan, Area Committee Member of CPM Panoor is suspected to have escaped from a man hunt. It is alleged that the escape was made in an autorickshaw, after Kunjananthan dressed himself up as a woman, wearing a purdah. It is said that an autorickashaw was selected for the purpose as cars and other bigger vehicles are liable to fall into police scrutiny. The escape move comes in wake of police strengthening their investigative activities in the areas of Madayi, Cheruthazham.
Madayi, Cheruthazham are some of the frequent haunts of Kunjananthan, prior to which he was stated to have been at Korom Central and Kozhummal of Payyanoor. Investigation team has also obtained reports of Kunjananthan having visited the Rea Committee Office of Madayi. They now suspect that he could be in hiding in areas like Kuttoor, Cimmeni of Kasargode District. Search was also extended to Payyanoor Cooperative Hospital as well. But the team feels that owing to the heightened investigation that’s being conducted, there is a strong possibility of Kunjananthan being scooted off to others states. This has led to strong security checks at National Highways and other pivotal road ways. The intention is to arrest him before he surrenders voluntarily.
The bail application submitted by Kunjananthan was considered by the Court owing to police reports stating that in current circumstances, there are no grounds to convict him. Also his counsel, Advocate K Vishwan had contested that permission must be granted to present the case diary. The court granted permission for the same, along with submission of enquiry report, on 16 June.
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace