CPM Hitlist targets cops
Agitated over the police action against party rank and file who protested against the arrest of party district secretary P Jayarajan, CPM Kannur leadership is set to launch an all-out attack on the state police force. CPM leader M V Jayarajan, who now holds the charge of secretary in Kannur, has announced a list of 13 police officers who, according to the CPM, has been leading the attack against the party activists in the district.
Speaking at a press conference here on Saturday, M V Jayarajan accused these police officers of charging false cases against party members and said that a complaint has been given to Home Minister Thiruvanchoor Radhakrishnan against them.
“The party would launch public protest against these police officers and also moot legal actions against them,” he said. The list given by M V Jayarajan includes Kannur DySP P Sukumaran, Thalassery DySP A P Shoukathali, Payyanur CI M V Dhananjay Babu, Thalassery CI Biju John Lukose, Panur CI Jayan Dominic, SIs of Thalassery, Kelakam, Payyannur, Kannur, Chakkarakkal and Mattannur police stations, Peravur ASI Nanu and Thalassery Civil Police Officer Shaju.
Jayarajan added that the party would erect flex boards featuring details of police officers who resort to physical torture against CPM leaders and members.
Read full report @
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest
- Kiss of Love, a Mask for Online Sex Racket? KOL organiser couple arrested
- Fame of Aranmula Mirror reaches Buckingham Palace
- A New Chapter in Kerala History: BJP Members Assume Charge in Thiruvananthapuram Corporation