CPI(M) Kannur district leaders threatening us, say Police
Kerala High Court was today informed that CPI(M) Kannur district leaders were threatening investigating officials in the case relating to murder of Abdul Shukoor, a 21-year-old IUML worker allegedly by CPI(M) activists on February 20.
In a statement, Investigating Officer U Premanan complained that P Jayarajan, Kannur district secretary of the CPI(M) had openly threatened the DYSP who registered the case.
Thereafter, other Marxist party leaders including M V Jayarajan, M Prakashan Master and T V Rajesh, MLA, allegedly threatened the investigating officer during a march taken to the DYSP’s office.
Police have registered a case in this regard, it was stated in the statement filed opposing the bail of 12th accused M P Dineeshan.
The police said all the accused were having allegiance to the CPI(M). If Dineeshan and other accused are granted bail, it would affect free and fair investigation. No witness who has seen in the incident will come forward to give evidence fearing threat and attack.
Most of the evidence in the case was yet to be collected and 25 accused were yet to be identified and arrested.
Shukoor was stabbed to death allegedly by CPI(M) workers on Feb 20 last at Keezhara Ariyil in Thaliparambu in Kannur district. The incident was said to be sequel to a clash between IUML and CPI(M).
Latest Articles from Kerala Focus
- Will Oommen Chandy Suspend Evangelist Chief Secretary?
- Another Paedophile Madrassa Ustad cum Journalist under arrest
- Jiji Thomson – Kerala state Chief Secretary or #IASEvangelist ?
- Subversion of Govt order to reclaim temple lands in Kerala
- Glowing Tributes to Sepoy Subinesh
- Now ban on Saranam Chantings in KSRTC ; Why then conduct special service to Pampa?
- Leftists And Congress Party Taking India Down The Road To Perdition –Reviving The Khilafat Agitation With Jihadist Ghazi Tippu
- For the First Time in Kerala, BJP To Rule a Municipality
- Muslim Contractor Sabotaged Sabarimala Darshan for Many Pilgrims
- Jihadi Kingpin of Gold Smuggling Racket under Arrest