Congress fumes over Karnataka Government's support to Temples
12/03/2011 01:51:23 HK
BANGALORE: Congress party who never lost their sleep over Haj Subsidy by Central Government or Jerusalem Subsidy by late Evangelist CM of AP Samuel Reddy is very much worried over Karnataka Government's allocation of funds for Temple management.
Under BSY's leadership ruling BJP is gradually liberating the temples from Government control back to the hands of devotees and Hindu organisations. Also BJP government is returning the money ollected from temples for it's development.
Media Houses and Oposition are now in up in arms against BSY alleging that he is misusing 'PUBLIC FUNDS'. Those who cry from roof top about this misuse of 'PUBLIC FUND' should kindly enlighten us leaders that – Why they don't have any issues in flow of Temple money to Government coffers?. They have no problems in enriching the so called 'PUBLIC FUNDS' with temple funds but cries about death of Secularism if any Government decides to support these temples.
Undert BSY Karnataka Government had earlier handed over Vaidyanathewara temple in Gokarna to Ramachandrapur Mutt. The government also denotified Udupi's famed Sri Krishna temple from the list of scheduled temples and handed it over to Ashta Mutts (eight mutts) of Udupi.
Temples which received Government support this time are as follows
* Rs 5cr for Adichunchanagiri mutt in Nelamangala taluk, Mandya
* Rs 5cr for Renuka Yellamma temple in Saudatti, Belgaum
* Rs 5cr for development of Datta Peeta in Chikmagalur
* Rs 2cr for Madhvacharya Peeta in Udupi
* Rs 2cr for development of Venuoor Digambara temple in Dakshina Kannada
GRANTS IN 2010-11
* Rs 10cr for Kaginele Development Authority
* Rs 5cr for Shravanabelagola Bahubali temple complex
* Rs 5cr for extended work of Kudalasangama Development Authority
* Rs 5cr for balance works of Basava Kalyana Development Authority
* Rs 5cr for Adichunchanagiri Kshethra in Nagamangala taluk
* Rs 10cr for Yediyur Siddalingeshwara kshethra near Tumkur
* Financial aid to Mansarovar pilgrims enhanced to Rs 3cr
* Rs 2cr provided for development of Dattatreya Peetha of Devalagangapura in Gulbarga
* Rs 3cr for Someshwar Kshethra at Rambhapuri in Chikmagalur district
* Rs 1cr for Hariharpura Kshethra in Chikmagalur district